Saturday, June 21, 2008

Exhilarating Fun

I began today's painting session with both excitement and apprehension. As I squeezed paint onto my old RCA Television Glass Pallette (saved from my family's first television in the 50's) I reminded myself that the results of first time efforts are often less than visually pleasing. This was my first experience applying thin glazes over a complimentary underpainting. The last thing I expected was to have so much fun, starting with the first brush stroke.

I'm curious as to how these new paintings that require months of alternating drying periods with glazing will influence my pleine air work. I will continue to post photos of the paintings as they evolve.

Already,
I am seeing colors differently as I drive along our country roads, the light flickering between the tree branches of the dense wooded hills.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chris, I am so excited for your show. It is going to be incredibly new and powerful! This body of work is going to surprise everyone in the most perfect way!

Keep having a blast!!!