Monday, June 9, 2008

Limited Supplies

The hot, sticky night left me short of time this morning, my body feeling sluggish and unmotivated to spring out of bed, refresh myself in the shower and dash down the road to the studio to pick up my painting supplies for this morning's yoga class. Instead, I grabbed a small tin of paints, a handful of tiny scraps of watercolor paper, a couple of brushes, a few paper towels and a plastic cup for water.

Hot nights generally result in low attendance to the early morning class. Quite a few of the regulars didn't show up. A perfect situation to step out of the "norm".

I found myself in a different state of mind, tuning into the space around the figure and allowing it to merge with the figure, blurring the boundaries of inner and outer energy. As I look at the resulting paintings, poetry comes to mind.

1 comment:

Yo soy Momó said...

I found your Yoga watercolors on the web and I love them. I used them for a post on my blog. Right now I´m practicing ashtanga yoga and I am amazed with all that is happening within my mind-body-soul. I watched your site. You have lots of talent and beautiful painting. Congrats!